ISO 22000 is the international food safety standard that addresses the entire food chain from ‘producer field’ to ‘consumer shelf’, thus covering the whole range of activities from production to processing, packaging, transportation and the sale of food. It is applicable to businesses that are not directly related to food production (e.g. cleaning services).
Benefits of applying it to the business
- Compliance with relevant national and Community legislation.
- Harmonization with commonly accepted food production practices.
- Business readiness for dealing with food crises.
- Increased consumer confidence in the company’s products.
- Reduction of production costs as waste batches are reduced.
- Competitive advantage in the market.